One great way to hold yourself accountable of what you are eating is to keep a log of everything you put into your mouth. With a food log, you are able to see any holes you have in your eating, what you are eating and hopefully why you are eating this way. After completing mine, I am going to require all my clients to do the same for me so I can see what is going on and try to guide them on to a better, healthier path. My food log is from Monday to Wednesday and I also decided to throw in when and where my activity was for the day. I do enjoy following the paleo/primal lifestyle and my secret will be out on this, I do not adhere to it 100% which is fine. I want all you to know, even me, a trainer and hard core primal eater, I have my vices and little slip ups and I am not ashamed to show it. I am human and it is tough for anyone to stick to any diet 100% of the time. The goal is to rebound from it and get right back on track while not feeling guilty about it. Try to operate on the 80/20 rule with eating right 80% of the time and eating not so good 20% of the time. I do have a toddler and I do sometimes end up eating the leftovers on her plate and I drink water all day unless said other wise. I also will eat anything my wife cooks for me because I am extremely grateful when she cooks and I will not be picky so that is why you will see some pasta in there.
- 3 eggs sunny side
- 3-4 tablespoons of almond butter
- Bullet proof coffee (coffee, butter, coconut oil, cinnamon and maple syrup)
20 minute loosen up workout with lots of stretching, lunges, squats, push ups, TRX rows, pull ups and jump rope.
Hit a bucket of golf balls.
- 2 tomatoes
- Cutie orange
- A natural all beef hot dog
- 3-4 cups of sauerkraut
- Handful of pistachios
- 3 celery stalks with almond butter
- Cheese ravioli with 7-8 turkey-pork meatballs and 7-8 shrimp
- 3 pieces of watermelon
- Green tea with honey
- 5 eggs with spinach and turkey topped with sirachi
- 3 handfuls of cashews, almonds and pistachios
- almond milk latte
Golfed and walked 18 holes. Had water and apple juice
- 2 cutie oranges
- Baby gala apple
- 2 coconut rolled dates
- Handful of cashews and almonds
Definitely craving some sugar after my 4 hour round of golf in the sun.
50 minute strength training workout with my client.
- Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie (yes it is what is sounds like, think two chocolate chip cookies baked around an oreo = Amazing)
- 3 good size pieces of carne asada beef
- Couple of handfuls of carrots
- Sweet potato with butter, cinnamon and honey (still to dry for me so added coconut oil on top)
- Cup of sauerkraut
- 5-6 bites of grilled chicken
- Piece of watermelon
- Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie
- 2 handfuls of dark chocolate covered almonds
- Bullet proof coffee
- Banana and almond butter
- Almond latte
Foam rolled and stretched for 30 minutes.
- 3 slices of deli ham
- 2 persian cucumbers
- Leftover ravioli with meatballs and shrimp
- 8 strawberries
- 5 bites of leftover french toast from my daughters breakfast
- 2 coconut rolled dates
- 4 spoonfuls of greek honey yogurt
A rare and much needed and appreciated date night with the wife. We went for sushi so:
- 2 Asahi beers
- Shishito peppers
- 2 sushi rolls (one was albacore with spicy tuna and the other was shrimp with tuna)
- Assorted sashimi platter
- 2 shots of saki
- Small handful of dark chocolate covered almonds
Hopefully this gives some insight on what I eat on a day to day basis and by all means I am not any where close to perfect and I know it. I want you all be conscious of your food choices and to make the right decision each day and set your self up for success and fuel your body with good quality, highly nutritious, natural food. If you get anything from this hopefully you see that I try to always eat some sort of fruit and vegetable while always mixing it up and I am not afraid of the high fat foods like nuts and nut butters but also try to consume protein with every meal. Fruits, vegetables, nuts, meat and eggs should be the basics for pretty much every and all meals every single day. If you start incorporating that into your daily routine you its only going to be a matter of time before you start seeing a difference. Have a wonderful healthy eating day.