I am always in constant pursuit of motivating and inspiring articles, poems, videos and whatever else is takes to get us fired up, inspired, thinking a little differently and grateful for everything we have. We should always be happy, grateful and thankful and we all have a choice on what side of the bed we are going to get up from, the positive side or the negative. Life is too short to always be on the negative, always worrying, always stressing over the little things that are insignificant. Happy, positive and full of life are the way we should all be going through life. As long as you are still living and waking up each and every day, we should all be grateful. Grateful to be here, grateful to have your health, grateful to have a job, grateful to be able to provide for your family and grateful experience all of the joys life has to offer.
Mike Rowe, the host of the show Dirty Jobs created the S.W.E.A.T. pledge that stands for everything I, and everyone else should believe in. I believe we all need to print this out and read it everyday and start to incorporate it daily
“THE S.W.E.A.T. PLEDGE”
(Skill & Work Ethic Aren’t Taboo)
1. I believe that I have won the greatest lottery of all time. I am alive. I walk the Earth. I live in America. Above all things, I am grateful.
2. I believe that I am entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Nothing more. I also understand that “happiness” and the “pursuit of happiness” are not the same thing.
3. I believe there is no such thing as a “bad job.” I believe that all jobs are opportunities, and it’s up to me to make the best of them.
4. I do not “follow my passion.” I bring it with me. I believe that any job can be done with passion and enthusiasm.
5. I deplore debt, and do all I can to avoid it. I would rather live in a tent and eat beans than borrow money to pay for a lifestyle I can’t afford.
6. I believe that my safety is my responsibility. I understand that being in “compliance” does not necessarily mean I’m out of danger.
7. I believe the best way to distinguish myself at work is to show up early, stay late, and cheerfully volunteer for every crappy task there is.
8. I believe the most annoying sounds in the world are whining and complaining. I will never make them. If I am unhappy in my work, I will either find a new job, or find a way to be happy.
9. I believe that my education is my responsibility, and absolutely critical to my success. I am resolved to learn as much as I can from whatever source is available to me. I will never stop learning, and understand that library cards are free.
10. I believe that I am a product of my choices – not my circumstances. I will never blame anyone for my shortcomings or the challenges I face. And I will never accept the credit for something I didn’t do.
11. I understand the world is not fair, and I’m OK with that. I do not resent the success of others.
12. I believe that all people are created equal. I also believe that all people make choices. Some choose to be lazy. Some choose to sleep in. I choose to work my butt off.
Take the pledge, adhere to it and continue to make your life great in all areas of your life.