My whole life have played it safe, been very calculated, not taken much risks and have always played not to lose. I have never been the die hard, go getter winner take all, win at all costs type of person ever. At least not until now. Just recently I had an epiphany with life and with golf. I am tired of playing it safe and being too cautious because I am tired of not achieving the great results I am after. If you want something bad enough, you have to try with all your might, swing hard and keep being aggressive until you are one step closer to your goals. I am done with fear, worrying and what if’s, creeping into my head and wondering whats going to happen if I don’t hit a perfect shot. It is time to believe in myself, my abilities, my talents, my success and my life and start taking the big risks. Gone are all the bad negative, worrying thoughts and in are all the great, successful, positive and aggressive thoughts. I am ready to play to win and not to lose. I am tired of taking second place because I am a winner, I know that I am and it is time to start performing and acting like one. It is time to believe and make some magic happen. Get out of my way because nothing is going to stop me or stand in my way. Any obstacle blocking my path I am going to destroy or hurdle over with ease.
In order to be successful we have to do the hard things we don’t want to do and are to afraid of doing. Now is the time to put the fear aside and take the bull by horns and go for a helluva ride. I found this from the Business Insider and it is called the 19 hard things you need to do to be successful:
- You have to make the call you’re afraid to make.
- You have to get up earlier than you wan to get up.
- You have to give more than you get in return right away.
- You have to care more about others than they care about you.
- You have to fight when you are already injured, bloody, and sore.
- You have to feel unsure and insecure when playing it safe seems smarter.
- You have to lead when no one else is following you yet.
- You have to invest in yourself even though no one else is.
- You have to look like a fool while you’re looking for answers you don’t have.
- You have to grind out the details when it’s easier to shrug them off.
- You have to deliver results when making excuses is an option.
- You have to search for your own explanations even when you’re told to accept the “facts”.
- You have to make mistakes and look like an idiot.
- You have to try and fail and try again.
- You have to run faster even though you’re out of breath.
- You have to be kind to people who have been cruel to you.
- You have to meet deadlines are unreasonable and deliver results that are unparalleled.
- You have to be accountable for your actions even when things go wrong.
- You have to keep moving towards where you want to be no matter what’s in front of you.
You have to do the hard things. The things that no one else is doing. The things that scare you. The things that make you wonder how much longer you can hold on. Those are the things that define you. Those are the things that make the difference between living a life or mediocrity or outrageous success. The hard things are the easiest things to avoid. To excuse away. To pretend like they don’t apply to you. Do the hard things. You might be surprised at how amazing you really are.